LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Chances of getting in

Last post 09-29-2008, 1:04 AM by raimius. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-18-2008, 1:43 PM 5767

Chances of getting in

Alright, I screwed up in high school. My entire senior year, I got my act together and somehow managed to get a 2.9-3.2 GPA. I did BYU online courses and fixed all the grades that were previously failing.

However, I was on the football team for two years (Freshman and Sophomore). I wasn't captain or anything but I did my part. The remaining years I took weight training and could later on almost lift twice my body weight. My 1 mile time was 6:00-6:30 minutes.

I took the SAT Jun 2007. I got a total score of 1850. I got 600 in Reading (low I know), and a 670 in Math. It was my first time taking the SAT, I didn't study or anything.

I plan to take a year or two of college to further boost my GPA while take the opportunity to take the SAT again.

Say I pull off a high 3.0 in college, achieve a 650+ in Reading and 700 or so in Math on the SAT,  and my athletic abilities remain above average...what are my chances?
  •  08-21-2008, 10:04 PM 5791 in reply to 5767

Re: Chances of getting in

Pretty decent.

Also, you should find some leadership activities.

•  09-26-2008, 11:19 PM 5893 in reply to 5791

I might not have explained myself that well in the last post.

I meant, if I pulled off excellent grades in COMMUNITY college, then applied to the USAFA. Do you think that would work?
  •  09-29-2008, 1:04 AM 5903 in reply to 5893

Nobody but those on the admissions committee can give a final answer.  However, from previous rumors and published info, I think you have a respectable chance.  I cannot provide a Y/N answer, but my gut feeling is you will be considered competitive.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us