LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Academy

Last post 07-04-2010, 8:20 PM by celia19O5. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-07-2003, 7:37 PM 2242

Air Force Academy

Do you think it's possible to go to the Air Force Academy with a 3.2 GPA? I'm a Junior in high school, but I'm graduating this year. I'm going to spend a year in a church program after I graduate. After I'm done with that, I want to become a doctor, and join the Air Force. I could go through a program like the AFHPSP and get helped in paying for college, but I think it would be best if I was in the Air Force Academy. I wish I had this goal 3 years ago, because I would have prepared much more.

I'm in good health, was on the football team for a year, and on the debate team for 2 years, but my grades are really going to hurt my chances of getting accepted. I heard there was an Academy Prep School that was available. Does anyone have the details about that? Thanks.

-Jin Mitchem
  •  05-22-2003, 6:38 PM 2281 in reply to 2242

Re: Air Force Academy

I went to the AFA with a 3.22 GPA out of high school. I took an extra year to take part in the Falcon Foundation, a group that pays for a year of college to provide people with a better chance of getting into the Academy. The Academy admissions office has information on the program.
  •  10-11-2003, 4:31 PM 2371 in reply to 2281

Hello, I am currently being contacted daily by the coach from the AFA for baseball... but my grades are not awesome... i have a 3.2 GPA and did not score tooo high on my SAT's (1030) but i am re-taking them focusing on my math on my math. I just was wondering what you know about requirements to get into the school on an athletic basis. My AIM is FIRSTANDPITCHER and i really need to know some thing that I hope you can answer...
    Thx.
    -Jeff
  •  05-31-2004, 12:30 PM 2503 in reply to 2371

In order to get in doesn't have much to do with sports. Admissions is looking for the right person to be a second leiutenant in the Air Force. The Academy hardly does recruiting based on sports. However, athletics is an important part in getting in. You must be active and having a varsity letter in a sport sure would help. By having the coach wanting you in will help your chances I believe. What you need is a good GPA, recommended probably a 3.5 or higher however it is possible to get in with a lower GPA. You should be physically fit. You should also participate in extracurricular activities such as school clubs or outside organizations, NHS is great as well as CAP(civil air patrol). Good luck, I will be an applicant as off my next school year! Perhaps I'll see you there.

Jason
  •  10-27-2004, 6:47 PM 2634 in reply to 2242

If you want to become a doctor why don't you go to another college.  Save the slot for somebody who really wants to be a pilot since the the Air Force Academy is the best way to be a pilot.  If you wanna be a doctor there are plenty of other routes that would not contain near as much stress.  Now, if you wanna be an officer in the Air Force, that's a different thing.  By all means, try for the AFA.  Oh, and going there just for a free education is a major turn off. Don't tell people that's one of your reasons.
  •  12-14-2004, 7:29 AM 2736 in reply to 2634

Smile [:)] Re: Air Force Academy

dont say that so what he wants to be a doctor i want to be a lawyer in jag there are plenty of openings for people who want to be pilots... look i dont think it wouldmatter that much to have grades some people do get in at that gpa my gpa now is 3.71 i think it may have dropped a bit... but thats ok... certain classes i dont like opps. oh well.. im trying... but if u want to be a doctor just know what u want and aim for it... try ur hardest!!!!Stick out tongue
  •  03-15-2005, 1:00 AM 2840 in reply to 2242

I am saying that.  The reason is because I've heard from a well reputed source that the academy is not the place to go to become a doctor.  This came from an admissions book.  The academy is the best place for people that want to become pilots.  The academy is a very challenging place for only the most motivated individuals.  There are much easier and possibly more rewarding routes to becoming a doctor.  However, if you really want to become an officer in the Air Force then by all means attempt to gain an appointment.
  •  07-06-2009, 2:03 PM 7957 in reply to 2634

I dont know why you think ISRO is related to Airforce. ISRO is a research institute and they select B.E or M.E degree holders for scietific positions based on entrance test & interviews which are held whenever they need scientists

Unreal Tournament College

Software Engineering School    
  •  07-04-2010, 8:20 PM 9359 in reply to 7957

Oh I love this job very much. It is really wonderful to fly in the sky....wonderful feelings. But is seems more difficult for a girl like me to become a pilot :(
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us