LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

737 -300 and 737-500 in Africa for FAA and JAA

Last post 03-08-2010, 3:23 AM by run. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-01-2010, 1:21 PM 8895

737 -300 and 737-500 in Africa for FAA and JAA

WARNING - Most of the replies to this thread (Third post and down) are made from the same IP address & 9 different usernames. Thread locked and investigated. Proceed with caution - Moderator

Hi,

our company has started a recruitment process of 6 first officers which should be employed until June 2010.

AVICO Aviation require no type rating at the time of application. You undergo a selection process and should you be positive at the end, you will receive a very competitive employment contract at the end of the selection process.

After receiving your contract, you have 2 months to complete your type rating.

www.avicoaviation.com

ask for the information material on the contact form. AVICO does not advertise.
    I know because I am a flight crew member and have jsut received word about the cadet scheme.

Type rated FOs join the employment service and undergo a smaller version of the selection process.

good luck

ikarus
  •  02-25-2010, 1:13 PM 8962 in reply to 8895

Re: 737 -300 and 737-500 in Africa for FAA and JAA

Dear Sir,

I am interested to apply for the above mentioned job vacancy. Kindly let me know about the procedure for the same.

Waiting for your swift reply.

--
    Best Regards,
    Sameer Pandey
    +91 9810711244

•  03-06-2010, 1:41 PM 8999 in reply to 8895

hi, just wanted to say, thank you marie for putting the post here in. I had tried to post on Pprune, but they wrote me a message saying that they do not want positive respond on Avico.

I wanted to ask you guys why...but I did not want to be on the crew blacklist from CAC.

Anyway, thanks for the great interview I had at your offices and thanks for the tour to your aircraft.

Mike
  •  03-07-2010, 1:04 AM 9000 in reply to 8895

@mike

the same happened to me on Pprune.
    you know what pprune mean?
    pilot professional unemployment network...hahahaha

To me they say they need topics which keep discussion going...idiots.
    I was at AVICO Office for job as mechanic for the 737. So Pprune idiots are telling me I was in a dream when I eneter the office?

Even better Pprune should leave the job to kenyans.

AB
  •  03-07-2010, 2:24 AM 9002 in reply to 8895

lol....nice one on the pprune guys..
    but lets not start here like the guys at pprune.
    lets be professional here.

where did you have the recruitment?
    I was at Wilson Business Park...I was picked up by a crew buss from the airport, they took me to the hotel which was great and the next day I was exited to see the operational centre.
    Wilson is such a nice airport...smal but busy. and the office of AVICO is extremly new isn´t it? looks like just built.
    the first day was the welcome speach and it was nice to hear what you get as benefits in addition and what they do for you.

the second day, they had this course at another facility with different guys from KCAA and instructors from other airlines. But I hear that the new crews will have the advantage that they will be doing everything with a flight school at the airport. which is so much better. after two day they had the exam which was not that easy... but the next day was even more difficult with the group talks and the test and the interview...only one had passed and is now getting his type rating sponsored from the company.

they should actually call it safari recruitment. the safari was the success I had...I was not so lucky. but how about you folks?

r22
  •  03-07-2010, 3:08 AM 9003 in reply to 8895

Hey...cool that there is finally a community for Avico Aviation experienced folks.
    Sure is difficult to find true information about the company on the net?!
    Did you guys see the posts on flyafrica.info????

I stared laughing after reading some stuff that is posted there....how stupid can someone be...lol.... nigerian scam...lol... no one ever said that however they say that someone said it or another great example is on pprune...a idiot actually did post that AVICO requires you to pay 1500 Euro before giving you any information....how come these lies are even being allowed to be posted??...lol...

hey professional showtime dude, did they not take you to the aircraft??? I was lucky and when I arrived they had to deliver something at the aircraft, so i got to see the 737-500. Did you have the welcome with the ops manager from Blue Sky? aside from the guys from avico, there was the ops manager from blue sky there.

fbw
  •  03-07-2010, 4:18 AM 9004 in reply to 8895

I was not so luck...no aircraft seeing.
    But got to meet with Blue Sky....and have a chance to be listed for the Dash 8 positions which they will be having soon. Did you hear about that?
  •  03-07-2010, 5:18 AM 9005 in reply to 8895

Finally some point where you can get info. I was tired of ready from those guys on pprune...so called experts without a job.

i had my interview and I have been invited to selection on the 15th. can someone give some info?

yeah, I hear about the dash 8 coming from canada and the program they are working on. But when will it arrive? Yeah, i spoke with Anthony Ndavu from Blue Sky and he confirmed that they will be the first ones to lease the Dash 8 or was it to purchase?! ..lol... I had called them after getting the info from avico about them being a customer.

but please, if you have info on the recruitment can you provide?

ali
  •  03-07-2010, 7:09 AM 9006 in reply to 9005

Hey Ali,

first you should ask them to send you the specs of their aircraft. Without that you will get cought in the technical interview.

You should know how a engine functions, what you are looking for when making your pre departure checks, you will have a number of ATPL questions. Mainly meterology and some tech. And they did not make it easy on me.

But as I hear it was not easy for everyone...:-(

you have some test as well... for like basic character issues which is quite long. they monitor you during that. As last thing you have to talk within a group, on special topics. I had 6 topics in my group...i think, airlines and labor, reputation of african aviation, safety measures, passengers and low fares, recruitment, ....hmm...do not remember the last one. But that is about it. Ah yes, and at the start you get to go to the validation exam...basically there is nothing you will not know due to your lessons you get in advance.

good luck
  •  03-07-2010, 9:11 AM 9007 in reply to 8895

Awsome....finally some information.
    hey some info here is not correct....they pay for the type rating and everything related to it.

I passed and I do not have to pay anything. actually they have paid me back what i have spent for the selection.

I am in Kenya now and they told me i have to wait for one other crew member to come down next week and then we get into internal training.
    Schedule is very strict ...first emergency training, etc.... pretty awsome that I finally feel comfortable to post somewhere...on pprune the dumbasses would just have more glory days...such idiots.

Good luck to everyone.

•  03-07-2010, 9:17 AM 9009 in reply to 8895

Hey Ikarus,

i hope you are great. I have been really trying to call you for the past few days but i was meant to understand that you were out of the country. Anyway i just wanted to tell you that we shall be seeing a lot of each other as i am coming back to Kenya to start working i was contacted by Mr. Willburg on Tuesday. i really appreciate all the help and advice you gave me and i am glad i took the risk of appliying with AVICO it is quite unfortunate though that people are posting such bad things about you guys on pprune i hope you people are doing something about it. If you need any references or help with the people who are doubting you you can give them my number and i can prove to them that you people are the solution to pilots unemployment. Anyway i hope you have a lovely and safe flight back home. Please send my regards to Ms.Lydia Njeri. Cheers!
  •  03-07-2010, 12:32 PM 9014 in reply to 8895

yeah, I did not even get past the telephone interview...and that was not even easy...but someone know if someone who did not pass the 737 selection can apply for the Dash 8 program?

thanks
  •  03-07-2010, 5:12 PM 9015 in reply to 8895

Hey there. I do not know about the dash 8 thing...but I believe as long as you are not on their global crew blacklist, you can apply. Why not.
    I hear that they have won the tender for south sudanese airlines and intend to bring in Do328s.
    According to the rumors, they will have Abinitio program for newbies. Can anyone give me some info?
  •  03-08-2010, 12:47 AM 9017 in reply to 9015

Hi,
    I am going for the interview on 15th. thanks for the information here. I do not know anything about the Do328s. Is it the same terms as with B737??
    How did you hear??
  •  03-08-2010, 3:23 AM 9019 in reply to 9017

WARNING - Most of the replies to this thread (Third post and down) are made from the same IP address & 9 different usernames. Thread locked and investigated. Proceed with caution - Moderator
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us