ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Best F16

•  07-30-2003, 10:52 PM

Re: Best F16

Israel has, or at least will have the best. Block 60s are basically the best that operational F-16s can get, hands - down. With the Block 60s, finally the F-16 gets an avionics suite on par with the latest generation of fighters such as the F-15E, F/A-18E/F, F-22, etc., not to mention a much more powerful engine. Oh, and did I mention the conformal tanks and increased range. So technically, yes, Israel has or should soon have the best. Why we don't make such an F-16 ourselves is beyond me. I swear, sometimes it seems as if the Air Force is always trying to cut the F-16 short in terms of which planes get the greater amount of money / production numbers. I mean, both the F-16 AT (Falcon 21) and the F-16X were potential threats to the F-22 program, mainly because they both offered similar performance at a cheaper price. But as we all know, neither went into production. And then there's my favorite variant of the F-16, the F-16XL, which wasn't put into production not because the F-15E is was a better plane, but because the Air Force wanted McDonnell Douglas to continue production of the F-15. Oh, I will definitely never understand certain ideas in life, particularly the ideas centered around politics. Okay, but enough of my ranting, yes, nothing else in the F-16 family can touch the Block 60s. Block 50/52 F-16s are indeed good, but not that good. End of story.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us