LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What do they mean when they say...

Last post 12-18-1999, 11:34 AM by anonymous2. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-04-1999, 8:06 AM 977

What do they mean when they say...

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Run,

What do they mean when they say that a fighter is an all weather aircraft? Pardon me if it sounds stupid but is this neccessarily true? I mean what if it is a really cold day or there is a hurricane going on, surely they dont even leave the runway in these conditions? They also say that fighters are all weather attacking aircraft? This I dont understand because if your ordinance is something like laser guided bombs then how can the aircraft operate corectly with cloud cover? Just wondering.

Regards

Rapier
  •  12-04-1999, 11:51 AM 978 in reply to 977

Re:What do they mean when they say...

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Rapier

Everything is relative right ? You are right about that laserguided weapons can be hampered by weather, but there are other precision guided weapons which are not hampered at all.

run

[Hi Run,

What do they mean when they say that a fighter is an all weather aircraft? Pardon me if it sounds stupid but is this neccessarily true? I mean what if it is a really cold day or there is a hurricane going on, surely they dont even leave the runway in these conditions? They also say that fighters are all weather attacking aircraft? This I dont understand because if your ordinance is something like laser guided bombs then how can the aircraft operate corectly with cloud cover? Just wondering.

Regards

Rapier]
  •  12-10-1999, 11:26 AM 993 in reply to 978

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Hi Rapier

Everything is relative right ? You are right about that laserguided weapons can be hampered by weather, but there are other precision guided weapons which are not hampered at all.

run

Hi Run,

Regards

Rapier]

LGBU or GBU etc. r guided by satelitte, from aircraft is bomb only lockhed 2 target and via gps getting trough 2 satellite 2 target.
  •  12-10-1999, 6:55 PM 995 in reply to 993

*** Posted by Viper ***
    [Hi Rapier

run

Hi Run,

Regards

Rapier

LGBU or GBU etc. r guided by satelitte, from aircraft is bomb only lockhed 2 target and via gps getting trough 2 satellite 2 target.]

Hi Sky
    First of all the correct names for the bombs:
    LGB - means Laser Guided Bomb(not satelitte)
    GBU - means Ground Bomb Unit
    You see?
    Regards
    Viper

•  12-13-1999, 4:40 AM 998 in reply to 995

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Hi Rapier

run

Hi Run,

Regards

Rapier

LGBU or GBU etc. r guided by satelitte, from aircraft is bomb only lockhed 2 target and via gps getting trough 2 satellite 2 target.

Hi Sky
    You see?
    Regards
    Viper

]

I know very well what is LGB or LGBU !!!!! read what i daid, I ve said LGBU and GBU etc R navigate via GPS trough sattelite!!!!!!! from aircraft r only lockhed.......I know what I carring!!!!!!
  •  12-13-1999, 7:26 PM 999 in reply to 998

*** Posted by Viper ***
    [Hi Rapier

run

Hi Run,

Regards

Rapier

Hi Sky
    You see?
    Regards
    Viper

I know very well what is LGB or LGBU !!!!! read what i daid, I ve said LGBU and GBU etc R navigate via GPS trough sattelite!!!!!!! from aircraft r only lockhed.......I know what I carring!!!!!!]

Hi Sky
    First of all when they say LGB what do you think that means?
    That means that bomb is guided by only laser not Global Positioning System.
    Second here we talk about F16 and his weaponry and not some sofisticated bomber. The F16 doesnt have GPS for guiding weapons. He uses his GPS only for positioning himself in space got it?
    I dont need to argue with you. Read carefully what I just said and from time to time keep an eye on aircraft books.
    Regards
    Viper
  •  12-14-1999, 5:27 AM 1000 in reply to 999

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Hi Rapier

run

Hi Run,

Regards

Rapier

Hi Sky
    You see?
    Regards
    Viper

I know very well what is LGB or LGBU !!!!! read what i daid, I ve said LGBU and GBU etc R navigate via GPS trough sattelite!!!!!!! from aircraft r only lockhed.......I know what I carring!!!!!!

Hi Sky
    First of all when they say LGB what do you think that means?
    That means that bomb is guided by only laser not Global Positioning System.
    Second here we talk about F16 and his weaponry and not some sofisticated bomber. The F16 doesnt have GPS for guiding weapons. He uses his GPS only for positioning himself in space got it?
    I dont need to argue with you. Read carefully what I just said and from time to time keep an eye on aircraft books.
    Regards
    Viper]

hey stopid sying what i never told u Electric Lawn Dart!!!!
    hm, i dont ve wroted than f16 ve gps!!!! i ve only said bombs r loched from plane and navigade via gps (satellite), sure LGB r targeted by laser, each f16 carried nuclear plant on pods, oh sorry I forgot large pulse lasers under wing 4 close comdat.
  •  12-14-1999, 9:13 AM 1001 in reply to 1000

*** Posted by run ***
    Hey Guys

Please erase all the text that is not part of the prewier answer.

run
  •  12-16-1999, 7:56 PM 1004 in reply to 1000

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Please, Please, Gentlemen.

Let's try and keep things civilised here. After all we are all welcome to cast our opinions here but we are not going to get very far in making new friends with similar intrests this way.

I did not intend for this question to get so out of hand, so lets just all get along here. I'm sure we are old enough to do this.

Meanwhile thanks for your comments and keep em commin!

Regards

Rapier
  •  12-17-1999, 4:34 AM 1007 in reply to 1004

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Please, Please, Gentlemen.

Let's try and keep things civilised here. After all we are all welcome to cast our opinions here but we are not going to get very far in making new friends with similar intrests this way.

I did not intend for this question to get so out of hand, so lets just all get along here. I'm sure we are old enough to do this.

Meanwhile thanks for your comments and keep em commin!

Regards

Rapier]

OK, *S* I dont ve problems, buit some1 catch my worlds...
  •  12-18-1999, 11:28 AM 1008 in reply to 1007

Re:What do they .... OFF TOPIC : Bad language

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***

OK, *S* I dont ve problems, buit some1 catch my worlds...]

-------
    Spending some plenty of time in a newsgroup I can for sure explain that if Youre not able to enjoy the possibilities in these kind of web discussions without the use of any sharp words or terms, Its for sure that You're NOT enough mature to be here.
    The rule in ordinary is: calm down or back off, wich must be for this foum as well
    KIM.
  •  12-18-1999, 11:34 AM 1009 in reply to 1008

Re:What do they .... OFF TOPIC : Bad language

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [

OK, *S* I dont ve problems, buit some1 catch my worlds...

-------
    Spending some plenty of time in a newsgroup I can for sure explain that if Youre not able to enjoy the possibilities in these kind of web discussions without the use of any sharp words or terms, Its for sure that You're NOT enough mature to be here.
    The rule in ordinary is: calm down or back off, wich must be for this foum as well
    KIM.]

U can understand abbreviations???
    hmmmmmm unlucky......shi ita
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home