LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

How crazy am I?

Last post 01-15-2007, 2:39 AM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-14-2007, 11:07 AM 3934

How crazy am I?

Hello, I'm a Junior in college(Yes, you read that correctly) and I am planning on seeking out a nomination and applying to the AFA. So, when I graduate from my current university, I will start all over again. Thankfully, I'll be under the maximum age limit. I'm majoring in Computer Science, and will graduate--if all goes according to plan--with a 3.8 GPA. I think it would be a little silly to major in CS again, if at all possible, so I am thinking about Physics or Aeronautical Engineering.

At any rate, what are your thoughts on this? There are a few reasons why I have waited so long to finally apply, one being ignorance and others being certain things going on in my life. With my situation, how much of my high school life will be taken into consideration compared to my college life? Will both be weighed equally? I graduated high school with a 3.89 and scored a 1420 on my SAT. I was on the varsity football team since 10th grade, starting all 3 years and being a captain my junior and senior year. I was also a part of several other extracurricular activities such as theater, photography, student council, etc. In college, I've been very active in intramurals, and in several extracurricular activities and service projects with my fraternity.

With all that being said, will me being a college graduate have a negative or positive effect on my application and selection process? Also, if I am admitted, will I get credit for some classes since I've taken them at my current university? Any information and help is much appreciated. Thank you.
  •  01-15-2007, 2:39 AM 3936 in reply to 3934

Re: How crazy am I?

To answer your initial question, VERY.

It would make more sense to me to go through OTS and get your comission.  Given the choice of going to the academy after college or going into a couple months of training for a comission, I would take the latter.  Putting yourself through the academy seems redundant to me.  Unless you want to do something in the AF that requires a different degree, I would go straight in.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us