LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

My chances (if at all possible)

Last post 11-08-2006, 5:57 PM by TachPHD. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-06-2006, 5:29 PM 3680

My chances (if at all possible)

It is my senior year this year and I've finally realize that my past has been a big mistake. Through those 3 years of high school, I really did not know what to do for the years to come. My GPA right now is at a 3.0. I play every sports, but not for school. No clubs, no extracurricular activities, no community service. For this year, I joined Key Club and I'm beginning to work on my community service hours. I'm part of the pre-collegiate program down at UCD. I just would like to hear my chances, knowing that they are incomparable with the requirements for the USAFA. I've set my mind towards the USAFA, knowing that I have a 10% chance of getting admitted and a deep hole to recover from. I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions that you guys have, thanks.
    -Daniel
  •  11-06-2006, 6:15 PM 3681 in reply to 3680

Re: My chances (if at all possible)

From what I've been told;; to be even considered for the academy;; you need at least 100 service hours;; which could take alot of time. You need to get a recomdation from a senator, congressman, the vice-president, or the president. You would have needed to complete the questionaire junior year;; it may still be possible to do that. You'd need to apply NOW and get that recomendation NOW. If possible, get in to as many AP or college courses as you can, and be top physicial shape. I'd say contact the admissions board to see where you stand.
  •  11-06-2006, 9:51 PM 3682 in reply to 3681

Alright, I'll try to see a recruiter and contact the admissions board. I'll definitely try to get that 100+ hrs. Thank You
  •  11-08-2006, 9:53 AM 3711 in reply to 3682

You can always goto a normal college for a year, get good grades and get involved, and then apply to the academy if you do not get in this year.  The deadline has already past for many congressmen and senators so this year may be too late, but try to contact them anyway.
  •  11-08-2006, 5:57 PM 3717 in reply to 3711

i talked to my counselor, and i decided to join the rotc and work my way from there. thanks a lot guys
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us