LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

hy , this is my situation....

Last post 12-04-2017, 4:05 AM by Haroldagraff. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-13-2008, 9:04 AM 5082

hy , this is my situation....

I am 26 years old , I live outside of the united states ........but here is the deal...I have a green card ( permanent one ) , I have finished 4-year college     ( PE) in my country with really good grades and good GPA( around  4 ) , I have never broken any kind ow law , in perfect health , never had any kind of surgery except for tonsils in the age of 6 , I have 20/20 vision....

I will be around 27 and 3/4 when I move to usa on permanent basis ,  so....

1.) what is my next step after that in order to become fighter pilot ( it doesnt really mater in which branch , as long  it is flying fighter planes )...and...

2.) what can I do in the meanwhile in my country in order to prepare myself better for that great , great achievment

thank you very much for your answers , truely
  •  01-13-2008, 11:01 PM 5085 in reply to 5082

Re: hy , this is my situation....

Your biggest issue will be citizenship.  You must be a US citizen at the time of commissioning.  Unfortunately, to become a pilot in the USAF you must be selected before the age of 30.  Unless there is a way to become a citizen and earn you comission before you turn 30, I doubt you will be able to fly for the USAF.
  •  01-14-2008, 4:19 PM 5088 in reply to 5085

So , if I would be able to somehow resolve the citizhenship issue , I would be in much better situation , I presume , right ?
  •  01-14-2008, 10:27 PM 5091 in reply to 5088

Yes, if you get citizenship and are able to complete Officer Training School before your 30th birthday, you could get a pilot slot (precluding factors I don't know about).
  •  02-04-2008, 5:13 PM 5167 in reply to 5091

and how many flight hours should I take , also , what is the average cost of a flight hour
    should I get my PPL , will it increase my chances
  •  02-07-2008, 9:01 AM 5179 in reply to 5167

Yes, getting a PPL would help.  (That's not your biggest concern now.) 
  •  06-06-2017, 1:36 AM 15076 in reply to 5082

To be a pilot of the U.S. Air Force, you must be selected before the age of 30. Unless there is a way to become a citizen, I wish you success.
  •  12-04-2017, 4:05 AM 15197 in reply to 5082

Stay cool and positive and try to focus on what you really want in your life. Meditate to calm your mind its really helps. Everything is possible. Never give up.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us